Waterless Urinals... no water, no oils, no chemicals, no odour
Urimat is a Swiss invention, which is made entirely in Switzerland and has worldwide patents. Urimat is now 10 years old and still saving thousands of litres of water a year worldwide.
With Urimat, you save both valuable drinking water and the associated water and maintenance costs.
Because Urimat works without water, sewage pipes no longer become blocked with hard water deposits, such as lime scale residue and urine stones.
Being made from injection-moulded polycarbonate, the Urimat urinal is lightweight, strong and is easily mounted to any wall surface.
Urimat is the World’s first splash-free urinal and helps to keep both its surroundings and the user clean. Only Urimat has such a unique appealing design.
The polycarbonate Urimat urinals are the only urinals manufactured in a carbon neutral process!
A Urimat urinal will always be cheaper than a water-flushed urinal and is the only urinal with an advertising display as a revenue earning medium.
All conventional, water-flushed urinals can simply be replaced with a Urimat urinal.
Urimat has been tested and approved and differs from other waterless urinals because it works without chemicals and without a sealing liquid. The urinals are very easy to clean as it is a single moulding and has no inaccessible corners or sharp edges, nor any water pipes. Simply spray the Urimat with MB Active Cleaner and wipe the outside of the bowl with clean paper towel. Spray the inside of the bowl and leave the MB Active Cleaner to break down the urine and fat organically.
The disposable trap siphon insert is made from environmentally friendly polypropylene and can be changed in less than a minute, cleaned and disposed of as a recyclable waste item.
–Invention of the hydrostatic stench trap insert
- 1998 – Registration of worldwide patents:
- hydrostatic stench trap insert
- bowl shape
- advertising display
- brand name URIMAT
- foundation URIMAT Holding AG
- 2001 – First production run with injection-moulded process
- 2002 – More than 1500 URIMAT urinals sold in Switzerland
(McDonald's, Stadion Basle and Geneva, Credit Suisse Group) – URIMAT Deutschland AG moves to Hundsangen
- 2003 – First advertising campaign on URIMAT info displays
(Swisscom, Bluewin, Nokia, Disney, Masterfood)
- 2004 – Successful cooperation with important strategic key accounts
(Mavenpick, Messe Basel, Autogrill, Tank&Rast, Burger King, McDonald's Europe egg)
- 2005 – A change of the board of directors
- start international expansion
- Ecoline product launch (without electricity)
- 2006 – URIMAT Switzerland moves into their new building in Feldbach
- 2007 – Foundation URIMAT Media
- WaterWise Award, UK
- DesignBuild Award, Sydney, Australia
- Construmat Award, Barcelona, Spain
- URIMAT Compactline and MB ActiveCube product launch
- 2008 – EXPO 2008 Saragossa (Spain) saved millions of litres of drinking water with URIMAT
So far URIMAT saved 10,000,000,000 litres of water and saved our customers over US$30,000,000.